With the creation of my online program and with a growing number of social media followers, I thought it might be nice to share a few fun facts about myself. And I’d love to hear some fun facts about you too! Comment below with your interesting facts.
- I am under 5′ tall, BUT I played basketball all through high school
- I was bit in the butt by a dog while running in the Philippines
- I danced one time for Joey McIntyre of NKOTB (he stood up and said, “this girl represents!”)
- I studied abroad in Italy and backpacked Europe in 2003. I was pick-pocketed once
- I LOVE coffee, like could drink it all day long love it (I blame my Sicilian roots)
- I am a mom to a 3.5 year old boy & a 1.5 year old girl and I adore them, but when I’m home with them too long I go a little crazy. I’m no pinterest mom
- My husband and I hiked Mt. Kilimanjaro for our honeymoon. That’s right, 7 days without a shower in tight tenting quarters (romance)
- I went skydiving over the Swiss alps and loved it. But that was when I was 20, now that i’m mid-30’s I have zero desire to do it again
- I was on the U.S. National Australian Rules Football Team and had my photo in the newspaper in Australia for it
- I taught English in Korea for a year and still felt short. I also made it in the newspaper there…this time an awkward picture of me on the beach in a bikini (I never saw anyone take the pic, just had coworkers bring me the paper later that week)
- People used to tell me I look like Avril Lavigne
- I did social work in Milwaukee and also worked at a rehab center for women with substance abuse issues
- I ran part of the Great Wall of China, just for fun
- I’ve had 5 concussions (fell out of shopping cart, fell down stairs, smacked head on corner of a low roof, fell off a windowsill, and got knocked hard in the head in a footy game)
- I LOVE to dance, but not choreographed dancing. I’m all about the freestyle dance
- I was a study abroad advisor and helped develop study programs in Asia
- I met Drew Barrymore in L.A. and I’m pretty sure she thought my friend Bridget and I were total weirdos (which we were) We also saw a taping of Friends that trip
- I was homecoming queen, but not because I was popular, more because my date and I put on the best skit EVER (SNL cheerleaders)
- The main reason I would cut class in college was so I could work (I averaged 3 jobs at a time throughout college!)
- I’m a cheesehead and proud of it. Wisconsin will always be home in my heart
- I’m NOT into a lot of “mainstream” things such as: InstantPot, Costco, Lularoe (I really don’t get it), Harry Potter, Star Wars, skiing (I know, don’t judge), Breaking Bad, spending too much money on clothes/accessories (ha)
- I’m TOTALLY into other mainstream things like: podcasts (This American Life, Stuff You Should Know, Ted Radio Hour, RadioLab), running, cauliflower, This is Us, the current Social Media trend, wearing workout clothes all the time (although I do actually work out in them at some point most days), Aaron Rodgers, reading, Apple Watches
- I met Payton Manning when he first arrived in Denver and shook his hand (he was very nice and seemed to appreciate my stopping him)
- I’ve eaten weird foods: live octopus (Korea), horse & raw chicken (Japan), chicken blood soup (Philippines), Beondegi aka silkworm pupae (Korea)
- I love taking baths, often because I’m too lazy to stand up in the shower
- I love wine and drink too much of it (can I blame this on my Sicilian roots as well?!)
- I love cooking SIMPLE meals. If it’s complicated or has too many steps I am NOT interested, but I am a good cook for basics
- I started a design company called Captured Ink and was featured in Westword
- I have a hard time sitting still for too long. A day of doing nothing always sounds good, but 15 minutes into it I am trying to figure out what I can do
- I love to travel (could you tell?!) and want to spend a month in Italy in the summer of 2019 with my family (know of anyone in Italy who wants to do a house swap??)
Drop me some comments about what we might have in common, or some interesting facts about you! And feel free to follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
6 responses to “30 Fun Facts About Me”
WOW! So incredible. I find the Kilimanjaro thing to be truly cool and awesome! A dream for sure!
Yes, I feel SO LUCKY to have been able to experience that. It was incredible
One of the 7 peaks is an awesome accomplishment, if you ask me. Any motivation to tackle any of the other 6?
I’d love to visit Denali some day, but I’m not sure if I’d ever get the chance to summit it.
Honestly, not a huge desire…I actually get altitude sickness really bad at 1400+ ft. Another fact; I puked on the top of mt Kilimanjaro 🤫
Holy crap on a cracker Kelli; and I thought I’ve been busy since high school. I love to travel too. Went to Alaska last year with the wife and took the boys to Hawaii. Next trip is going to be to Iceland. Definitely going to hit Italy up in 2-3 years; I’ve got family there that I’ve never met.
Ha! I like the opening line. I’ve never been to Alaska, it’s definitely on my list. Hawaii is so dreamy, I love it there! Iceland is on my list as well. That’s awesome you have family in Italy. I had a great, great aunt that lived in Modica, Italy but I was too nervous to meet up with her when I was there. I should’ve though. Hope you and the family are all well 🙂